Monday, August 31, 2009

AHHHHHHH

You know I'm kinda ok with pretty much most bugs...I'm good that way. Some I don't get overly close to but I don't freak out I'm pretty happy to observe them and think they're pretty in their own right. But there's one...one bug I REALLY do not like. This bug I unfortunately encountered tonight. I wouldn't even call it a bug because that would be too kind...it was a beast...a total BEAST.
So I was going to take dinner reminents down to my other nemesis the green bin (really it makes me vomit...I think it's a disgusting thing this country does)...anyway...so I put my feet in an old pair of my mum's slippers that she keeps down in the garage and I feel something cold and wet on my right foot. I instantly pull my foot out after talking a step and start to shake the slipper. A couple of stones fall out and I think of maybe it was just cold stones but I continue to shake and there it was....THE BEAST...a big yuk cockroach. Seriously puked in my mouth a little. AND...it touched my foot!!! So I bolted out of the garage and I really did not want to touch my foot...soooo (good thing I'm flexible) I stuck my foot into the kitchen sink and turned the tap on. I didn't want to scrub it with soap because that would mean touching it and I wanted something more anticeptic...so I grabbed the kitchen cleaner spray and frantically started spraying my foot. So I did this until I had no feeling left in my foot from the cold water.
THEN...I grabbed the bug spray underneath the sink and went into the garage. When I left it looked dead...it was not! It was moving...MOVING....I had to keep moving Ben's Jeep to spray it continuously. I don't think I took my finger off the sprayer. The floor was white and it was still moving!!! It flipped....a fatal mistake and I sprayed every side of it until it didn;t move and was white from the sheer volume of spray...which also killed a small spider nearby from it's fumes...sorry little guy but you were sacrificed for the greater good.
It was truly awful. When I think about it I want to vomit....I might go wash my foot again with the spray....
I blame this on Methody...after 7 years at that school with mammoth cockroaches everywhere you'd think I'd be ok with them. I still remember the day I counted over 30 dead ones in a corridor...think pest control was in that day. I also still remember my shoe having a thin base and being able to feel them squish when you stood on them....vomit...gonna vomit...
It's so their fault...other bugs don't freak me out this much...ick ick ick...

2 comments: