Thursday, October 22, 2009

Driving Pet Peeves #1


I have many many driving pet peeves that I encounter on a daily basis, however I'm not saying my driving is brillant either. I found one of the most annoying driving pet peeves this morning as I was running a little late for work (not my fault...major traffic jams for no reason..wait you're not my boss so I have no need to explain that). These are the drink drivers...not the drunk drivers...the drink drivers. These are the ones who drink coffee/tea/hot chocolate/smoothies in their car. It's not that they're drinking in their car that annoys me...I'd like to point that out because I do it too. It's more their inability to multi task. You'll be merrily driving along behind them doing maybe 100 and then they reach for their drink and suddenly without any warning their speed drops to 65...no brakes...it just drops. It's like they drink and take their foot off the pedal at the same time in some sort of dual motion. Only to add insult to injury they do this in the fast lane causing all the traffic to have to slow and be overtaken by the slow lane. As you can imagine as this is a drink they don't just take one sip on their journey, they take multiple so every few minutes you're having to slam on your brakes because the idiot takes their foot off the accelerator.

I swear they probably even know they do it but choose to ignore it. My best friend has this afflicition whereby she can't drink and walk at the same time. It can be quite amusing but she knows she can't do it so she yells stop when she needs to drink...she also doesn't block the way for other people because she's nice like that. So my point is that these people I'm sure know they can't drive and drink so why do they feel the need to subject the rest of us to it. It's not that hard to wait for a little while to have your coffee in work...you can use a thermos/travel mug to keep it warm if that's your issue. However if you need to drink and drive at least do it in the slow lane where you don't annoy the rest of us and nearly cause accidents.


Also....on a personal note...to the guy in the mx5 with the sports exhaust who thought he was the best thing since sliced bread and kept revving his engine to hear his exhaust.
An MX5 is a hairdresser's car. (hairdresser's car = car for girls or effeminate men). Point...you didn't look cool and you were too old to pull it off.

2 comments: