Wednesday, September 23, 2009

T-W-O


Ok so I know I'm a 'foreigner' but really I don't think my accent is that hard to understand. I know some words cause people difficulty in understanding and I know which words they are...usually numbers. Particularly 2 and 3 whereby people think the number 2 is the number 3. I had one such person today...I even spelled it out T-W-O and he thought I said 00... I mean come on!!! It is not difficult to understand. And then after going through a gruelling conversation where I tried to tell him the number was 2 8 not 3 8 I gave up and said yeah ok and he said "That's what I told you!!??!'...but it was me giving him the number!!! Just when I thought it was over he calls back and tells me the number is for the hospital and asks me for the number again so I repeat it again (now I should point out that the guy is a foreigner too and his accent is not the easiest to understand...BUT at least my primary language is english). So we go on the repeating venture again. I offer numerous times to get the guys to call him instead but get told point blank no he's going to call him. So the guy keeps saying he can't understand me and can he speak to someone else. I had to keep saying no there's just me...it was awful and he was so rude!!! It's 2...2...TWO!!!! NOT HARD!!!

3 comments: