Monday, October 25, 2010

Life and Monsters



My life in a word this past month and a half...busy.
Monster had his 5th birthday...it was crazy. For me it was a mix of being sad he's growing up and so proud of who he is becoming. I honestly love him to bits and there is NOTHING I don't love...even the tantrums. He's such an amazing wee person that I am so proud to call mine.

We did the mommy and Ben day on his actual birthday which was fantastic. We made a cake covered in skulls and crossbones because, you know , we're uber cool and all that. Then on that weekend we did the party. I don't think I want to do that again...I had to repaint part of my wall...enough said. That many little boys running around my house...it was scary when you're used to dealing with just one. Ben had an awesome time and it was so nice to see him with his friends and do his thing. I did realise how considerate he is and how much pride he takes in his stuff and his house. He's grown up a lot in the past year...especially the past few months. It's now that I see it and realise that sometimes I expect too much from him...so I'm working on it and letting him be a bit freer at expressing himself. Starting with a day at our favourite spot..




Also...I've been working hard on my website...so happy it's done...check me out...


I've been working on new ideas and concepts for the upcoming tradeshow. They've been coming and I've been working hard every night. I'm getting there slowly but surely.



The plan was to work on this every single night once the monster was in bed...however it didn't quite work like that. Best laid plans and all that! Life decided to throw me a curve ball instead...gotta love that. The doctor gave me some not so nice news so instead I have been balancing trying to get everything done with trying not to throw up from my meds. The past week has been pretty horrible to be blunt...a bit of a whirlwind of tears, hugs and having to spend the night sitting in my bathroom half asleep and half nauseous or having to leave work early because I'm in pain.

Thankfully the meds are done....the pain isn't but hopefully another doctor's appointment will help to work out what exactly is causing that. The next little while is looking to be a little daunting and I'm scared but life goes on and I have plenty to work on :) (and yep...I just did a smiley face...I'm a dork).

No comments:

Post a Comment